The goal of the Save the Parish network is a Church of England where Parishes are at the core, with clergy, financial security and local strength.
- To establish the Save the Parish network as a grassroots organisation with broad participation from laity and clergy.
- To build the case and support for rebalancing Church of England resources in favour of Parishes as the “front line”.
- To encourage and help our supporters to stand in General Synod elections and to engage fully in the Synod processes.
- To support the ability of every Parish to chart its own future through opposition to the centralisation elements of the Mission and Pastoral Measure review.
- To inform and gather support from those in authority or influence, such as State Commissioners, Church Commissioners, MPs and others in public leadership roles.
- To conduct a mainstream and social media campaign to help deliver these objectives.
- We are a grassroots network of laity and clergy, not a faction.
- Front Line First – means Parishes and their clergy are the top priority.
- Parishes able to chart their own local way forward, enabling volunteers.
- Efficiency of the Church of England through minimising “overheads”.
- This is urgent.